I'll write more later - headed out the door. What Jake means, I think, aligns with what I have been saying (and what was said to me years ago); we can work very effectively from within the national organization to represent and advocate for the niche discipline that is multihull sailing. Jamie Diamond said it well - with five solid volunteers, we could take over the place. Matt Bounds is up to his neck with One Design, as am I with the MHC and ISAF. I have come to believe that because I have been Chair for so long, there is a perception that the job is getting done and nobody else is needed. I think my staying on is an impediment - I'm happy to move into another role, but it is long past time for someone else to be the Chair. Besides - anyone who loves being in charge so much that he or she isn't willing to give it up is a problem. Term limits are a good thing in a representative role.

I still plan to volunteer for the Council - I have promised the Area J Rep a well-deserved break after I step down as the Chair.

John Williams

- The harder you practice, the luckier you get -
Gary Player, pro golfer

After watching Lionel Messi play, I realize I need to sail harder.