I think a number of regular readers will be aware with your gripe with regard to SCHRS. I suspect one reason for the change was to facilitate measurement, made possible by the contemporary vertical or swept back bow designs. I am sure Simon will have his own comments to make on this.
Your boat was not designed to be raced in the configuration as sailed so you cannot expect it to be optimised. Do you really think your gripe is going to help progress cat sailing?
If you need to address your handicap issues for your club sailing environment see your club sailing committee may be able to help. This situation is not unique and has been addressed elsewhere, but do not expect sympathy from fleets outside your local club.
My experience with SCHRS has shown minor issues with dated boats at the small end of the scale as well as some highly developed boats at the larger end. However on balance it has proven to be the fairest and most easily managed system as applied.
There may be some issues with crew weight, but in general racing sailors choose boats on which they can compete competitively.
There are some who would seem to want to go down the path of finding a system to cover all eventualities. Get real. Who in their right mind wants or would be prepared to implement and maintain such a system?
If you want to level the playing field go one-design, get them to implement a set crew weight then diet or bulk up to suit.

Cheshirecatman