Hi Tony,
In the second photo you can see the dust extractor hooked up to the orbital sander, sander needs to have adjustable speed for better control. The chemical paint stripper was messy [also fairly toxic stuff]and I still had to go over it with the orbital, so my preference is for the orbital. Same goes for the heat gun/scraper. With the extractor hooked up there is little dust. Both our boats are Lane hulls so getting the beams off should be similar, the front beam bolts and the two outward rear bolts [ on mine] can be undone with a socket and ring spanner, the two inward rear bolts need a stanley screwdriver and ring spanner. I put masking tape over the ring so the nut does not automatically disappear into the hulls as you get to the last of the thread, there is a stainless washer under the nuts which can be siliconed into place. John Lane built bulkheads either side of the beam bearers on these boats so getting to the nuts can be awkward. Special tools? long skinny arms would help as I have got my forearms stuck in the hulls before, its a good look!
Cheers,
Roy,
mossie 1770