Yesterday I pitchpoled the Boston Whaler SuperCat 15 I recently restored in exchange for its use.

It was blowing around 30 knots and we were fighting for the lead ahead of bigger cats, but it wouldn't be worth mentioning here if the mast base wouldn't brake its "neck" and, more important, the inside of the bow side near the mainbeam wouldn't crack open.

I guess the two damages are related. The loosened mast base may have hit the side of the bow and caused the crack, but I don't know for sure, all I could see was water smile

Anyway, the bow damage extended further when the boat was slowly towed to shore upside down and backwards, with the severed bow slightly up to keep it from flooding or breaking too fast. The wind was getting stronger, so it wasn't an easy task.

In the end the bow was nearly separated from the rest of the float at about 5 to 10 inches forward of the main beam. I need advice and suggestions to fix this.

The repairs will be done by a local shipyard that mostly builds motor boats and canoes. They know even less than I do about light cats - and I certainly don't know enough, at least not for a breakage of this magnitude.

Thanks for helping.

Luiz