Just a quick note started back on the TMS-20 again. I took 6 months off from working on the boat it started with a bathroom remodel, then I messed up my back, and the ultimate slow down I got a job. All things that hamper boat building, but it made the Mrs. Happy. I'm feeling well again for somebody as beat up as I am. My shoulder is as good as it is going to get and the back is better – time to sand. Looks like I’m going to miss my goal of having the boat finished this October, but that is how it is when you single handed take on such an endeavor.

My recent trip to the Mediterranean really excited me again to get my project moving on the TMS-20. I saw many nice sailboats and yachts in the ports. After a long days work I’d sit on the 10th aft-deck to smoke a real Cuban cigar and have a drink. Looking out on the moonlit Mediterranean Sea gave me time to think and it was good for the soul - plus crew cabins suck! My next trip to Europe will be in Northern Italy starting April and will be for two months at a ship yard for the delivery of a new ship, then the maiden voyage. I’m going to try to get a chance to do some sailing before I come back to the states even if it is for just a few days. Anybody have any connections in the Med?

The weather is getting cool (in the 70's- hay it's all relative) and it looks like we dodged Hurricane season for another year. My work days with travel to Ft Lauderdale run long about 12 hours I’m trying to get into the shop at least two nights a week and part of each weekend and keep moving forward. If you want free time never build a boat.
Pictures later,

Mike

Mike Shappell
www.themanshed.com
TMS-20 Builder
G-Cat 5.7 - Current Boat
NACRA 5.2 - early 70's