Originally Posted by Goclaw
I have a 2002 Inter/Nacra 20 which I have modified and added a self tacker. I still have the end pole spinnaker setup. Recently I purchased a Speed Puck and am having problems finding a spot on the pole to mount it. I can't mount on the pole in front of the bridle or my spin sheet gets hung up on the mounting bracket. I can't mount it behind the bridle because my jib self tacker line will interfere with it. Any solutions out there?

Thanks,

Ken
"Kani Basami" N20
"Baby B" Hwave

Move the self tacker blocks rearward on the pole and mount the speed puck on top of the pole under the foot of the jib. That's the safest place for it. You can also mount it UNDER the spin pole at the bridle - it's quite visible there too (however, this is not advisable for the TacTic products since this obscures the charging solar cell...don't ask me how I know).

It can survive on top of the pole in front of the bridle if you run some small lines springloaded with bunji (or just run small diameter bunji) out to the bridle tangs on the hulls and one back over the top of the unit to the forestay. This will keep the spin sheet /lines from wrapping the unit but is still a bit of a risky proposition - I've have raced a Tybee or two with the compass on top of the pole in front of the jib until we bought a new pole and I rigged it to mount the compass rearward of the bridle.

Jake Kohl