Okay, here's the verdict -- and it ain't pretty. I talked to Kathy at the Caribbean Club, and first she said we would have to pay $1,000 to use the beach, same as last year. I told her that was just not possible.

She says they now have the beach rented permanently to someone, but she was still going to make it available to use if we would pay the big bucks up front. I said, "No can do."

SOOO, if you want to launch at the Caribbean Club, you will NOT be able to use the beach at all. You will have to rig in the parking lot and launch on their ramp. They will charge you $10 a day for your trailer storage and $10 each time you launch your boat. If you want to go sailing on Thursday or Friday, you will have to pay $10 each time you launch off the ramp.

Kathy says they will have someone at the ramp Friday, Saturday and Sunday to keep track and collect the money.
So, it's basically pay as you go.

NOW, I also talked to Gilbert's, and they have rooms available at $69 for 2nd floor and $79 for 1st floor, and they are going to charge $20 per boat, regardless of whether you arrive Thursday or Friday.

(At Gilbert's, that's $20 for the whole time, not per day.)

Last edited by Mary; 12/04/10 03:17 PM.