Ok, - yeah yeah, I know seasons already started, but new baby has delayed getting the other baby out of the carport. The other baby is a Alpha Omega 4.3 with the big (13.5 m2) cat rig.

My problem is this:

The previous owner was a recreational shallow lake sailer and has replaced the original boards with a lovely looking('glass over cedar and ash), but somewhat useless(for an AO) set of boards from a Paper Tiger - (hull depth at slots is much greater on the AO compared to a PT). Also - the rudders have been replaced by what looks like a set of shortened Hobie14 rudders (blunt, heavy and short).

The ensuing result is a cat that doesn't point very well, generally handles like crap, and is rather difficult to tack.

I have aquired LxW specs of the original boards and rudders but not profiles or shapes. I'm thinking NACA 00012 and 00010 profiles will be somewhere close, but not sure. Also, I have no idea what shapes would be best suited for each.

I can competently home-build in cedar and carbon(or kevlar/aramid) so construction is not a problem, but resources on the net in terms of modern fin shapes for cats are virtually non-existent.

Can anyone offer wisdom/plans/links/opinions or anything else that will help??? I aim to make them in the Chrissie break.

Many Thanks

btw: a lovely set of glass over cedar and ash dagger boards for a Paper Tiger will be on offer soon as new boards are completed!