Mine is about 250lbs...with my scooter loaded between the hulls!

Prior to some serious trailer surgery, the trailer and boat weight was 900lbs (400lb+ Nacra 6.0 on a galvanized trailer, and a large alumninum toy box). The target as per most trailer guidelines is 10% of the overall weight should be on the tongue - so it should have been 90lbs instead of the, difficult to man handle, 195lbs that it was.

I lengthened the tongue on my trailer by 6' and moved the axle forward 33" so I could balance the trailer better and be able to leave my mast on the trailer behind my RV. Without compensating for the weight of the steel this would put me with 100lbs on the tongue. As mary pointed out, I found that the additional unsupported 6' set the tail wagging the dog behind the RV or whenever a truck would pass me in my small truck. Back in the shop for some additional 110lbs worth of reinforcements with the intention of being able to put the scooter on the trailer this time. Tongue weight with just boat and trailer is back to about 180lbs (thanks to all the steel after my calculation). But I can get it behind the RV, with the scooter, and it's rock solid now.

Last edited by Jake; 07/28/03 04:13 PM.

Jake Kohl