Originally Posted by Seeker
Am I the only one that sees the Pink Elephant in the room?
Did I miss something? I thought the whole idea of this thread was drag reduction...how in the world does putting a huge square box under the tramp reduce drag? What happens when that thing chokes on a big piece of chop? All this tweaking and redesigning of hull shape to make for the least resistance forward...then put something under the tramp that looks like it would stop the boat dead when sailing into steep chop/waves. Maybe the picture makes it look bigger than it actually is ...but at first glance this system looks like it would create more problems than it solves.

Mmm a naysayer, can I ask a question, how much of the time does your front beam and striker hit the water at the moment. I tend to fly a hull all of the time I can including downwind for the very purpose of making sure the front beam doesn't hit the water, about the only time I see water any where near the striker is when tacking or gybing and thats when the boat is almost stopped anyway.

Anyway fully accept your comments and acknowledge that there could be a possibility of being hit by the waves. This was just a quick knock up to prove a concept ( will the spinny fold in through the twin forestays ) but would comment that the Mk2 version has a fully enclosed underneath and there is no real opening beneath the beam as per the current setup for the water to get in.