Gebhard-
<br>Good to hear from you again! It has been awhile, I was starting to worry something had happened to you!
<br>I, also, am interested in your point of view and perspective.
<br>Personally, my attitude toward this "new" class is that it will supplement (that is offer another option) racing among the 16 foot boats that it applies to (Sort of like the fact the Hobie Tigers have strictly one-design Tiger races and trophies BUT all Tigers CAN, and many do, race and compete one-on-one, without any "handicap" issues, against other Formula 18 cats).
<br>No one would be "forced" to race in an F16 HP class, they would have the option of racing their boat in that class, "heads up", against similar boats rather than being delegated to a large, diverse handicap fleet or forced to try to find regattas where there might be enough of their own kind to field a one-design fleet.
<br>It's really an effort to promote one-on-one racing among a group of similar, but perhaps produced by different manufacturers, boats. This will give all these sailors some common ground and bonds ala the F18 class. Hopefully this will promote more participation in regattas, boat sales, and boat/rig/technique advances amonst these boats.
<br>Anyway, that's why I'm involved-
<br>
<br>Kirt<br><br>Kirt Simmons
<br>Taipan #159, "A" cat US 48

Kirt Simmons Taipan #159, "A" cat US 48