Yes, there is cat racing in Indy, and most of the time it's mast up. blush If you mean mast up storage, both reservoirs have sailing clubs, and Eagle Creek has a city-owned Hobie Beach, which offer it.

Eagle Creek Sailing Club has a more active cat racing schedule. See the thread titled "Wave Ntl Series Regattas" for part of the schedule. Not sure if the weekly racing at ECSC includes cat starts. I don't think the Hobie Beach group races anymore, but they used to.

I sail on Geist at the Indianapolis Sailing Club, but I'm about the only cat sailor there who races any more. We do have a Portsmouth fleet start in our weekly races (after the 7 one-design fleets), but often I'm the only D-PN participant, so usually I'm racing against myself. But we do have several recreational cat sailors, and I am ISC's Portsmouth Fleet Captain again this year.

There's another lake north of town, Morse Reservoir, where Skip Kaub races Waves with his buds and neighbors almost weekly. Most keep their boats at their homes or Skip's place, but they'll come down to Eagle Creek for the regattas.

Are you coming to Indy?

What - Me Worry?

2006 Hobie Wave 7358
"Ish Kabibble"