Originally Posted by Bob_Curry
Sailors,

The RC for the annual Meigs Regatta held at the Fort Walton Yacht Club has asked me to seek your opinion on whether to have a 3 day(Fri-Sat-Sun) or just a 2 day event this year. What do you say?

Thanks for your input,
Bob wink

Bob,

We gave the 3 day 1 day option format a go in our area with two of our regattas (WildCat and KPRR). Both these events are on the smallish side 25-35 boats and we found the 3 day format didn't improve attendance and the feedback was at best lukewarm. What was a big hit was a starting seminar that was put on by Red Gear Racing the Friday before the regatta. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive and we had a nice pop in attendance, we plan to keep this as part of our regatta offering if possible.

So, my feedback... 3 day option for smallish events, not so much; a starting seminar the day before a 2 day regatta, big fan. You have some very respected talent in your area so finding someone local to run it shouldn't be too difficult.

I better see your punk a$$ on the beach Bob!

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"