So I am looking to repair the trailing edge on a couple of daggerboards that I bought used. The trailing edge is in really poor shape. I was thinking of making a mold of the trailing edge from a new daggerboard to aid in the repair process. If you were going to do it this way would you make a fiberglass mold or would you make one by laying the new board into some type of plaster. On one board I will probably have to lay some glass for stregth. On the other I think I can just rebuild the edge with thickened epoxy like I have done on some Hobie 18 boards many times. Previously I had clamped a straigted edge on the trailing edge, packed it with thickened epoxy and then sanded to shape. While don't think the mold will save any time, in fact it will probably negate any extra sanding with the time it takes to make the mold, I thought it my be fun to try something different and pick up a skill I can use later. Seeing as new boards are now 850.00 a peice, I probably should make a mold of the entire board and start a production line.

Collin Casey
Infusion Platform + C2 rig and rags = one fast cookie