Yes, there is alot of concern about the bows burying. I have recently put a masthead assym. on an e-scow class monohull (they're a blast to race)

While the "squirrely/nosedive" factor is certainly going to be less on a monohull (and a scow at that) It seems to me that the determining factor on whether those bows will go down or up is the nature of the puff and boatspeed when it hits. If the boat's already flying, the puff will lift, if the boat is dead, the level of inertia is higher, and the rig will, in effect, out run the boat, and drive the bows down.

That being said, i am heavily leaning toward throwing a curved foil system on it, with it being adjustable from 0 degree to 5+ degree lift. This should help greatly in keeping the bows up and out of trouble, but i doubt even that will solve the problem if going slow, i am suddenly hit by a gust.

Also, i am going to make a point of flattening out the F18 chute pretty dramatically, so i can basically always sail downwind with my apparent wind at the beam, this should lessen the down force on the hulls at least somewhat.

Finally, i am using an 05 Bimare cat, which is more voluminous up front than many.

Thoughts? - My real concern here is snapping the stick....