Originally Posted by mitchellsailor
Would you be interested in buying an "as new" set of the original ronstan adjustable ratchets? I think I paid $50 for them delivered when they were in the ronstan clearance store, Gary will probably jump in here but the orbit blocks were too sensitive in engaging the ratchet making jibes harder, where as the original ones are adjustable.
cheers

I know I am a bit late replying to this topic, but I don't switch the home computer on that much any more, spend to much time on the computer at work these days mad , just want to get away from it week nights cry .

Yes I think the old Ronstan Auto Ratchets where better as you could adjust them to come on at a high sheet pressure, I am currently using the smallest size of the new Ronstan Orbit Auto Ratchet, I believe they are too sensitive and tend to stay on when you are gybing so the old sheet doesn't run out as easy frown . They do have advantages though, they are lighter and they attach easily as Matt said with the rope base, no need for more shackles smile .

But I must say wherever possible I do shop locally cool , if we don't support our local chandlery's, they will dissapear mad and how then will we be able to touch and feel different fittings and make comparisons confused , compare the advantages of different brands, work out which one does the best job that sort of thing, does the rope run freely? Of course it still comes back to availabilty and price as well, but they are not the only motivators, if the shop is doing a good job and offering a service, by offering a good range of product, in stock ready to sell that you can pick from straight away, that is something I am willing to pay a little more for. smile

Lastly time to address the Elephant in the room whistle. Mitch M why are you offering to sell your spinnaker blocks? crazy