- as long as a curved face of the chip is against the curve of the strap then it's right, think my 1982 chips have only 1 curved edge, but if these chips have 2 that would explain why you can see 1 of them NOT against the curve of the strap...

- i would define a cosmetic repair as 1 where someone with next to no knowledge of frp structures went in to "make it look like new" (like maybe a car repair shop worker) and a structual repair as 1 where someone who had a reasonable sense for frp and beam loads on a beach cat when in to "make it stronger than before"

- the pics of the inside look pretty ugly to me, ie cosmetic repair was done by someone with no real idea of frp repairs

- repairing a botched repair is harder than simply repairing a break/crack so if i were you i would be asking around at boat shops for someone who builds or repairs boats to have a look at you hull and quote a repair.....with only a basic understanding myself i would think you need at least 3 overlapping layers of woven cloth on the inside and maybe the same on the outside, which would take a lot of finishing...

eric e
1982 nacra 5.2 - 2158
2009 weta tri - 294