Karl, Im going to ignore that you said I was dumber than hell and help you understand what I did say. I dont think you really comprehend what it takes in time, testing, money, and knowledge to go buy a "rig", or mast and sail for your body type, sailing style, and normal conditions you sail in. When I was at Ben Halls house and he talked about these very small nuances in picking the rig, plus the time it would take to make that selection, the number of rigs you would actually have to test drive, well, then that is way more time and money than I have, or will probably ever have. It looks like you have a Viper, a pretty sweet boat, but its no A cat, and the mast and possibly sails came as a unit with the boat. Im just saying theres alot more to it in the A Cat class.
My thought is to find a bost and mast that is already proven for a sailor of my size and then I can select a sail(by trial and error) to make the best rig/boat that I can get.
Only a pro can do what needs to be done, the rest of us will have to do something similar to what I suggest that I will do.

The men were amazed, and said, "What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?" Matthew 8:27