Went through the same search process and got to about the same conclusions that you have gotten to. Noticed you asking about the Isotope earlier, which I looked at also.

For a true beach cat that can take the day-in, day-out use, there are not too many the completely fit the description. Typically for solo beachcat, you want toughness, about 16' in length because of weight to move, nimbleness and good simple controls (like no daggerboard or easy-to-use daggerboard/centerboard, good halyard rig for raising sail, good downhaul, etc., etc.), and good factory support.

So. A-cats have great sail plan and simple setup and they're light but they are fragile. F16 has great design and nice setup (especially the Falcon) but they are a performance boat not for ramming onto the beach. Isotope has by far the best control setup of a lot of the boats I saw, but you got the story on it. Hobie Wave or Getaway are true beach boats. Not high priced, extremely easy to rig, tough, safe, and have good factory support. Wave is smallish and the Getaway is big. The Nacra 500 is rare, as are their dealers.

The H16 is extremely tough (a little too heavy for me). The banana hulls that are said to pitch can be controlled if you know what you are doing...

Ended up concluding that I was looking for a boat that isn't made -- nimble, rotomolded 16' with a hull shape like the F16 with skegs or centerboards, not daggerboards, that has traveller, downhaul, and all the basics of the H16 or Isotope. The perfect hybrid of toughness, nimbleness and speed, good controls, and hopefully phenomenal sales and good factory support for that reason. The jet ski of beachcats! Boo-yah.

Anyway, you're about right. For your situation, the H16 and Nacra 500 are 16' boats with skegs, simple to rig, tough on beach, and fast enough. They fit your weight, wind conditions, and rigging/storage. Best of both worlds is to get a Wave for kicking around and a performance boat for you that you keep everyone else off of... smile