I sail a 1980 H16, my wife and I both enjoy it for its speed and ease of handling. We sail at a large lake that has hundreds of sailboats, but only a few cats, (Stockton Lake in southwestern Missouri). The problem is there are no sand beaches the shoreline is composed of mostly rocks, and when we beach for a break the rocks are rough on my H16. I was looking at a Hobie Getaway in St. Louis this weekend and I understand that the rotomolded hulls are a lot tougher than the fiberglass of the H16. Does anyone out there know how well they will stand up to being dragged over rocks once in a while?, scratches, dents, gouges etc? Does anyone know how the coloration of the hulls lasts?, stains, sunbleaching, bird droppings etc. Does it pitchpole as easily as an H16? -I watched the video on the Hobie website and it looked like the hulls did not want to bury as much as an H16. They showed it flying a hull-but with only one person aboard- has anyone seen one flying a hull with 2, (350 to 400 lbs total wt) aboard? Is this a good boat?
Any answers are appreciated!!
Thanks, banannahead