After 4 days in Hyannis, all I can say is the board didn't slow us down, and we felt that they had advantages to pointing upwind in lighter air, and made it easier to fly a hull downwind. Again, speculation due to only a short amount of time with them, and a lot of it spent in lumpy and/or breezy conditions.

As for holding them up, you guys should have asked around at Hyannis, we solved this issue (mostly because the boards are heavier then the shorter ones) via a bit of non skid tape just above where the strap is connected and/or (we did both) the addition of "fuzzy side of velcro" added to the carpet in the middle of the trunk on the inboard side. I'm sure other remedies will be found as well.

Only real issue we found is you have to make sure the trailing back bottom edge of your dagger board trunk is "clean". Take a small square file and make sure that that no gelcoat / gunk is down there. It should look like a nice square space with no imperfections. We had a bit of gelcoat in there and it started to chip the trailing edge (very very minor).

Look forward to hearing other people's experience with them, but we were pleasantly surprised that we didn't need to pull them up as much as we thought we would have to, and that they felt like they made driving upwind a bit easier to get into "pinch mode" when needed in the light stuff.

My 4 cents,
Can 12