Originally Posted by rad5.2
I lost my main traveler the other day (10/5/11. It blew apart while going to weather. Yes, the mainsheet through it to the rear fairlead held the blocks down enough to sail back, but without any way to travel out. So I am looking for a replacement traveler assembly, and possibly the traveler track. My track isn’t too bad, and where the blocks were when it blew (about 4” out) is a little nicked up on the top, (but show more nicks further out from old age too) the underside of the lip is pretty smooth. I would guess the bearing’s ride under the lip, so I’m not sure about the need to replace my track. (thoughts?)

My 1984 boat had a Harken assembly, and I seem to remember that Harken offered a lifetime warranty on its hardware; can anyone shed light on this? Well, if that is not an option, I guess I’m still looking for a cheaper alternative than a new Harken 1250 from Murray’s for $200 plus shipping. I might even go for a used Schaefer car (older style) if it fits the same track.

Thanks in advance to any leads and/or info.

Bob – Syracuse, NY

I think I've got all those parts extra. Shoot me a PM so I don't forget, but I'll plan to check tonight.

Rob