Pete,

Glad it worked out for the best...My worst case scenario is a squall, and I wanted to get a sea anchor before my last distance event. I was once sailing a N5.5 near home in a squall with 60 mph straight line wind , lightening, hail the works... solo. The ferocity of the wind and my point of sail left me no choice but to bear dead downwind to avoid the death zone and an assured capsize and whatever was to follow. While it was not to be the end of the world, it was pretty spooky, as riding it out was taking me onto a reef/island at extreme velocity, when, just as I was about to scuttle, as fast as it started, it was dead calm. (then it took me 2 h to sail about 1 mile). Where did you get your sea anchor, and what length line do you have attached to it?

One thought I would like to hear more about is helm. Most performance boats are pretty helm neutral and if they are righted, I figure they will pretty much sail away on their own. It has never happened to me. Any thoughts from the peanut gallery on this topic?

As for the diver marker...do those self-inflate?

+1 on the underneath grab line. A must have...

Last edited by rexdenton; 12/20/11 10:56 AM.

Nacra F18 #856