Dinger,
How many times have told you not to take a knife to a gunfight? At least your cause was good.

http://www.sun-senti...0,6097118.story

South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
Argument over spilled rum ends with one friend shot, the other stabbed in Lauderhill

By Danielle A. Alvarez, Sun Sentinel

2:14 PM EST, December 29, 2011

LAUDERHILL

An argument between friends over spilled rum ended with one comrade shot, and the other stabbed, a police spokesman said Thursday.

"They were two, long-time friends," said Lauderhill police spokesman Capt. Rick Rocco. "Apparently they got into an argument over some spilled rum, the argument spilled into the parking lot and one of them pulled a knife out and the other one pulled out a gun."

The altercation between the two men, whose names have not released, began around 11 p.m. on Wednesday at Ochi Seafood, 5552 W. Oakland Park Boulevard, Rocco said.

The man who brandished a knife stabbed the other in the torso, while the armed man shot the other in the face.

According to Rocco, both men, while bleeding heavily, were able to explain to police that they were friends before rescuers rushed them to Broward General Medical Center where they were listed in serious condition Wednesday night. Their conditions were unknown on Thursday.

Investigators have not determined whether the stabbing or the shooting happened first and are working to gather further details regarding what led to the violence.

"People get into arguments over all kinds of things," Rocco said. "I don't know definitely how much they had to drink, but that may have had something to do with it."

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White