I’ve got a question for the Vacuum Baggers out there. I’m adding an adjustable cut-out switch and relay to my system for my next steps in bagging. When I was bagging the bulkheads I had a problem of sucking them to dry. The pieces where bagged to a table a combination of to good of a seal and a strong pump. I had to use an alternative method that works well enough for the bulkhead pieces.

So here is my question if you use a cut-out on your systems what PSI do you set it at? I’ll be using West System Epoxy on basically 2 layers of 200 gram uni carbon cloth / 1 layer of 6 oz Eglass uni - so a thin layup.

My reading so far on this topic has indicated a setting of 14.7 PSI and I’m looking for some real world input on the setting. I’ll run some test panels, but I’m looking to see what others have found --- Jake?

When I did the inside of the hulls I was not able to achieve the “perfect” seal on the bag when it was in the jig so it was not an issue. But doing the outside of the hulls I am afraid I will get a much better seal.

Looking forward to your input……

Mike

Mike Shappell
www.themanshed.com
TMS-20 Builder
G-Cat 5.7 - Current Boat
NACRA 5.2 - early 70's