Pete -

The MHC meetings are open to the public though I think it would bad form to attend and not be a US Sailing member. The USF16 is on Mike's radar and I will make sure to announce any meetings to the USF16 when given notice. I actually attended the annual meeting last October because US Sailing held it in Annapolis.

We have Mark Schnieder to thank. He was drumming up local racers to attend and incorrectly identified me as the F16 Fleet Captain at WRSC. Anyway, the notice was very short, the correct WRSC F16 Fleet Captain had a conflict, I saw it as an opportunity to represent the local F16s but also the USF16 and I volunteered to attend. While preparing for the MHC meeting and researching it on the US Sailing website, I realize that it was a good coincidence because the USF16 should have been invited.

I don't fault Mike because he assumed the MHC chair just days before the meeting. The icing was that Eric Witte attended via telephone and it too was in another capacity but served to represent the USF16. The meeting was productive but mostly organizational structure work.

Here is the notice that I sent out the USF16 Google Group on October 26, 2911.

Fellow USF16 sailors,

The F16 Class was just invited to attend the annual US Sailing Multihull
Council's meeting scheduled for this Saturday. The USF16 class joined US
Sailing last year and maintained its membership this year. Attached is the
meeting's agenda and my quick response to the MHC chair's class report
request. All of the items are my best guess and if anyone has better numbers
or wishes to add to the submission, please contact me.
We will have representation at the meeting.
Thanks in advance,
Kris Hathaway
USF16 VP

Attached Files
US_MHC_Class+Report-1.pdf (220 downloads)
2011+US_MHC_Agenda.pdf (172 downloads)

Kris Hathaway