Hi all,

huge day yesterday, heaps of boats and heaps of wind.

Wind gusted to 54 knots over night shocked. But thankfully moderated by the morning, was gusting over 20 knots while we where rigging crazy, had to have help to hold the boats down when pulling the sails up. A lot of cats where very late getting of the beach only 3 on the start line when the gun went, massive day gusts where too strong for the spinnaker, I swam 3 times down wind and once up wind, waves where the major problem just so steep and backless. cry Wind was supposed to moderate but it didn't eek.

Started at 10am, most boats finished around 2pm in the afternoon eek. It was nearly all down wind to Metung, F31 Tri was first there, passed the Mossies with spinnaker up. Immunity sloop rig Mossie was first home, passed the F31 Tri upwind, F31 2nd and I was third back to Paynesville.

It was a huge day less than 15 nautical miles of on the edge sailing down wind, more than 15 nautical mies of hard slog upwind and so wet, most sailors where shivering when they got back. Only a small number of boats finished sick, less than 1/2 the starters crazy, many hard luck stories in the bar.

Just a huge day smile.

Head back out to do Around the Island today, much shorter race, hopefully only take about 1 hour. Forecasts vary, 10 to 15 knots, to below 8knots crazy . See what happens today, less than yesterday I hope, but stll enough to have fun I hope.