Billie,

Before you get involved in making at "bob" .... most of the racers at the time rigged a righting pole attached to the dolphin striker/under the tramp ... (my friend used a H16 boom) ... that swung out to right the boat ... the crew hangs/pulls down on it ... and swings back and stores under the tramp when tied to the lacings once the boat is righted .... (I believe Rick's store has a kit availible ...)

As for sails ... the H21SE was a "Open" sailplan ... meaning you could source/purchase sails from any sailmaker you wish ... they just had to "measure" .... Doyle at the time (88'-90') made a mainsail w/ alot of "roach" to it and combined w/ windward sheeting (which is also allowed ...) ... that +600lb boat would move surprisingly well in light air ... (I watched the "Jacobson" brothers win the New England 100 one year in a drifter w/ that mainsail ... on Fisher's Island Sound ...). So w/ the developement of the "Squaretop" mainsail since then ... I would do some research ... (talk to "Team Chums" ... I think he had a beautiful H-21SE at one time ...)

Most of the H21SE's had a "Jib Furler" .... when new ...

Harry Murphey
H18Mag/P19MX