Yes, the beachfront property pays a lot more in tax dollars (their tax rate, however, is lower), but they are also spent within their own town (municipality)borders only, so their tax dollars pay for landscaping on the roadways, the nice police cars (all 6 of them) and fire trucks (4-5 of them), their city managers 6 figure salary, and special parking areas for town residents only. Oh, they've got a boat storage rack for town residents only, too (sunfish/laser type stuff), but no mast-up storage and NO TRAILER PARKING (you have to use one of their boat launches at $5 per launch)

The rest of us working class "help" are delegated to the county gub-ment.

Maybe I don't get what tax dollars have to do with insurance subsidies, as they don't mix...?

And Citizens is currently so far upside down in terms of ability to pay losses, if it were the go-to carrier you'd be better off paying the loss yourself (which is what you will do eventually anyway)

I believe the meeting today is supposed to remove the 10% rate hike cap on Citizens, which (if approved) would hike premiums next year at least 30% in our area... joy

Oh, and looking at my TRIM notice, my tax rate is close to 13 mils... ouch

Last edited by waterbug_wpb; 05/17/12 08:45 AM.

Jay