THE RACE IS ON!!!

2012 NOR:

NOTICE OF RACE 2012 ‘ROUND THE ISLAND
June 22-24, 2012
Fort Walton Yacht Club
Fort Walton Beach, Florida

1. RULES
The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS).
2. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
2.1 The regatta is open to all multihull boats 16 feet or more in length with a mast height not exceeding 48 feet above the water.
2.2 Eligible boats may enter by completing the registration form and remitting the required fee.
3. FEES
3.1 $25.00 for all single-handed boats (includes Friday night social, 1 Sunday brunch)
3.2 $50.00 for all double-handed (or more) boats (Friday night social, 2 Sunday brunches)
3.3 Extra Brunch tickets purchased at registration.
4. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, June 22
Registration/Check-In 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Regatta Social 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Skippers Meeting 7:30pm
Saturday, June 23
Coffee 5:30am
First Warning 6:55am
Sunday, June 24
Sunday Brunch 9:00am – 11:30am
Trophy Presentation 11:00am
5. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
The sailing instructions will be available at registration.
6. VENUE
Regatta headquarters will be the Fort Walton Yacht Club, 180 Ferry Road NE, Fort Walton Beach, Florida 32547.
7. THE COURSES
7.1 The racing area will be on the waters of Choctawhatchee Bay, the Gulf of Mexico, Pensacola Bay, and Santa Rosa Sound.
7.2 The courses will be described in the sailing instructions.
8. SCORING
8.1 The Low Point System of Appendix A will apply using Portsmouth ratings.
8.2 PHRF ratings will apply to specific fleets and will be announced at the Skippers meeting.
9. PRIZES
9.1 Trophies will be awarded on Sunday, June 24th at approximately 11:00am.
10. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See RRS Rule 4, Decision to Race. The Fort Walton Yacht Club will not accept any responsibility for material damage, personal injury, or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
11. FURTHER INFORMATION
FWYC Web Site www.fwyc.org
FWYC Office office@fwyc.org 850-243-7102
Fleet Captain John Farris fleetcaptain@fwyc.org 850-305-9653

wink wink

"The election is over, the talking is done, Your party lost, my party won. So let us be friends, let arguments pass, I’ll hug my elephant, you kiss you’re a $$.”
Liberalism = A brain eating amoeba & a failed political ideology of the 20th century!