Isn't he forced to name venue when he's challenged ?

I mean if Tim were to challenge Andrew for the Cup won't Andrew have to name a venue, (taking no longer than 15 months after the last challenge) OR give up the Cup and not defend it ?

The sailors together need to make sure that at least 3 challenger in addition to the defender show up at this venue to make the challenge official.

When Andrew chooses not to defend it than you Phill, as the class respresentative, can name a venu and put the cup up for the winner of that venue.

I imagine that it shouldn't be to hard to find the challengers when the Gauntlet has been put down by a mozzie sailor. I mean honour of the Taipan class is at stake here.

Personally I would love to see a mozzie crew (singlehanded?) beat the Taipan defender. Talking about claiming your turf as a mosquito sailor. Cool !

By the way I think Tim or Gary may be up to it.

I've just received the elapsed time results of the Wildcat regatta at Foster 2003 and here is how the Mozzies did :

Even without handicap calculations (so taking only the elapsed time finishings)

Gary Maskiell takes 4th place out of 10 bigger boats (4 Tornado, 1 Nacra 5.8, 1 Hobie 20 and 2 Taipan 5.7) while Tim puts in a 7th/10

That is pretty quick sailing.

The excel sheet can be seen by clicking on the attachment.

By the way, Tim, I tried to send you an e-mail last week but it bounched. Can I resend it now ?

Wouter

Attached Files

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands