A couple of questions for anyone who may be able to help.

First, i am trying to remove one hull for some repairs. All the bolts came off with the exception of the bolt that holds the front crossbar to the hull on the inside (an allen wrench type bolt). It is completely stuck and I cannot budge it. I tried spraying WD 40 in there but to no avail. I am afraid that if I keep trying to force it, it will snap off (I have done this many times in other circumstances). Anyone know what the heck to do at this point??

The second question relates to the reason I am taking the hull off. There are cracks that have gone through the fiberglass about 4 inches long to each side of the place where the cross bars attach to the hulls. I am taking in about a bucket and a half of water from these cracks. The cracks are right under the lip of the deck at these locations, but do not go through to the deck. I was quoted $300. to repair and reinforce these cracks by a local wood boat builder but he wanted me to take the hull off myself. Does this price seem reasonable?? Has anyone had experience with this type of cracking on an TheMightyHobie18?? Is it easily repaired (assuming I don't break that allan bolt head off)?

Any comment or help would be appreciated. (I have been off the water for THREEE WEEEEKS now ). HEEEEELLLLLP!

FRED
TheMightyHobie18

Fred F (ex Hobie 18)