Dean Brenner is answering questions over on the SA forums about the Olympic Sailing efforts. I haven't been posting over there lately because of the negativity, but I asked these questions:

Hi Dean, thanks for taking the time to answer questions. First off, I wanted to say thank you for all the work you have put into the program. I know the last few weeks were disappointing, but I know every member of your team gave everything they had to representing our country, so thank you.

I had a couple questions relating to the new mixed multihull, and the youth development pipeline.

1. With the introduction of the Nacra 17 for the 2016 games, does US Sailing plan to incorporate more multihulls into its youth development efforts? Could we see a multihull class at youth champs and at the elite clinics such as CISA and the Brooke Gonzalez? Is there a plan in place to identify multihull talent for the USDT and then provide them with high level coaching and access to the Nacra 17?

2. With the Nacra 17 being a new class, does the USST plan to work with the established multihull classes to create training and racing opportunities for potential olympic campaigners? What can we do as a class to support the efforts of our future olympians?

I also wonder about how college sailing impacts olympic development, and what we can do at the college level to improve our sailor's chances, but I will leave that discussion for later. Thanks again Dean!

Best,
Jeff Dusek

USF18 Eastern Area Rep
MITNA Commodore/Team Race Chair

USF18 Eastern Area Rep
Nacra Infusion USA 753