Hi guys,

I am going to be re-beam my mosquito now that the hulls are almost finished, and had a couple of questions.

I can buy aluminium beam section from Capral Aluminium, however I dont think they sell it anodized. I assume that it needs to be anodized so it doesn't get eaten away from the salt - any suggestions on where to get this done or where I can get section already anodized?

I noticed that the dolphin striker strap on this boat doesn't go the full length of the beam pads (it ends about 10cm from the outside beam hole, leaving a 25cm gap under the beam to the outside edge of the pad. I am not sure if this is intentional or not? Should I replace the strap with a longer one so that it fills the beam slots completely, fill the void with epoxy filler, or fill it with sikaflex like it was when I pulled it apart?

Is there any tricks to bedding the beams? I was planning on bolting the new beams in using the existing holes, and sealing around the beam holes and outside of the beam with sikaflex. Is this correct? Do i need to put anything between the beam and the beam pads to ensure a nice tight fit?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew