Originally Posted by Rolf_Nilsen
Wait a sec Macca, I thought PBO was also a fiber, but much less elastic than aramid?

What would you recommend as a budget solution for fiber rigging on an F16 to be sailed by a 102kg crew (102kg + equipment/clothes)?

Aaaaand.... What are you currently filling your time with? Still sailing? Boating business or something completly different?

Aramid is much less elastic than Dyneema (although a unidirectional dyneema SK90 is pretty good these days) but PBO is really great stuff and has a very small amount of elasticity and it is a noticeable difference. We are using solid carbon on a new project now and it is a huge step up from PBO in stiffness and elasticity so we expect to see a similar gain.

For a beach cat like your F16 I think you will struggle to find anything off the shelf that is better than wire for the same diameter, but you should have a look at easy rigging if you are serious about it. Sure its more expensive than wire or rope, but its a lot better.

As for my current project.... you will all see soon enough smile it pretty special and will certainly make the news.