I read the post from Hans on the F-16 forum. It is in the open forum so everybody can read it.

I have more questions after reading the message than before. But I have to wonder what this means
"I will direct resign my job as President of the class and give the job back."
Give the job back to who? I choose to understand this as a resignation from Hans and that the class will have to elect a new president at the next AGM.

About the discussion on increasing weight. This is no surprise. The last iteration of the class rules before they where changed to be ISAF compliant had a safeguard on this. Under these rules (which are now gone) there were a 5 year (?) period where only emergency changes could be done to the rules. This is now down to a one year notice period I see.

I dont remember if it was 3,4 or 5 years, but at least it was several years. The intention was to stop or at least slow down this exact scenario.
From a verbal report a manufacturer argued that they would build overweight and in a certain amount of time they could more or less control the class rules as their boat owners would be the majority and vote in their own best interest.
As a matter of opinion I dont fear this as long as regular sailors of several brands are part of management in the class.

The section on racing under a rating system indicates that the old discussion on racing as an F16 or an F102 (or whatever the rating system name was) still goes on. The only thing I have to say about that is "Full steam ahead with F16 racing".

Some insight on management which I have learnt to be true over the last years is that there will always be competing agendas, hidden agendas, backstabbing and idiots around. Dont accept any management position without being prepared to deal with this and in a strong way. Sometimes a leader have to climb into his tank to have his targets reached. Then there will be some damage left behind.. I say it is time to bring out the tank! But even the armour of a tank will not be enough if exposed to fire too long without support and backups.
One other insight is that technically minded (gifted) people often make poor leaders. The killer instinct and motivation to go through social conflicts to reach the objectives are quite often not there (or the tank is blasted off the battlefield).
The right leader makes all the difference in the world when it comes to management.

Macca and I had some really heavy (and sometimes outright bad) discussions about class rules, weight and changes. Perhaps this is one of the decision points for where the class is headed. Will be interesting to see!