Yesss Indeed ! Great move guys. Open bring what you got and formula. Okay only 18 and 20 footers with spi, no problem that is what you want on these legs anyay. Sorry to see no tornado's being allowed but then again there aren't that many in the US to begin with.

I can't wait to see what is going to happen in the F18 class. Hobie is bound to send some of their top sailors. I'm thinking Booth or Bundock (Colby stopped this year) in addition to some of the hot shot US tiger sailors; this means Nacra can be seen to do nothing and so I'm thinking Strubble on a Nacra F18 ? Maybe Robbie Daniels (he has been seen to sail a variaty of designs lately) ? Who will land Ogletree ? Loos is getting older but I spoke to him just a few weeks ago and he'll be happy to do this race on a Tiger; he likes the race.

Yes we will have a real race on our hand next year; maybe make it an international one. Wouldn't that be great.

Ain't no major budget but are still a heck of a sailor. Get that old nacra 5.5 out of the barn ; Fit is with a spinnaker and high aspected jib and demand a F18 measurement. Then your in !

Hell you can even do it on a mofied Hobie 18 and if all legs are mainly downwind sailing than I would not say no to modifying an old P18 with a larger main and nice 21 sq. mtr. spi. I know from experience that this baby can rock downwind. You loose upwind but with a straight mast and full main ....

Darn, I misread the post only factory spi equipped boats. Humm, anyway still will have the Tiger against Nacra's Good enough for me to lust over.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands