http://youtu.be/hefI37ofVgw

Ok, I'm going to weigh in here. We went with a Glaser main and spin. We would have had them make a jib but they didn't have time to get it done in time for the GT for us. The spin is flatter and the draft seems to be farther forward. It is much more controllable especially in the puffs. It seems to let the boat shoot forward more than just healing over and making you drive off which equals more forward, straight line progress rather than so much zig zaging. I love it, it's a huge step forward for the N20 platform. It's the same size as the EP's but more modern. The main is higher aspect with the same overall size. We wanted to stay with all the same dimensions so as to not push the envelope of tolerance with other N20 sailors that would come do the GT (which seems like a moot point anyway since I get lots of inquiries about it but nobody shows). I think the N20 sail plan is a little over powered in the first place, so more area on the main made little sense to me. The biggest issue is de powering it in anything over 15 knots. San Diego still has the biggest N20 fleet in the US and they are going with the Glazer sails now as well. The new sail plan worked for us in the GT this year very well. Aside from rudder issues on day 2, we had a good competitive run against the F18's and took line honors on day 1 and 4 with a tactical error putting us 2nd to finish by about 20 seconds on day 3. There were a combination of things we did differently this year with the new sail plan being one of them. I think they helped us sail the boat closer to it's DPN number. I definitely need to switch to the 10:1 main sheet now with the new rags.

Lee

Keyboard sailors are always faster in all conditions.