Originally Posted by Undecided
Originally Posted by Reiss
In Blue Fleet Q2, Taylor and Catherine were the 4th boat across the finish line but they hit the mark. They did their one turn spin and crossed again from the course side 1 or 2 boats later. The jury protested them asserting they had not "promptly" completed their turn and after a protest hearing disqualified them. In reviewing the elapsed time per the recorded tracker of the race finish, it appears that within 11 seconds of hitting the mark, T and Catherine had cleared the zone and other boats and had begun their turn which they completed on the course side of the finish line 19 seconds later and then they correctly finished 29 seconds after that. All told, it took them 59 seconds after incident of hitting the mark to complete a spin and finish from the correct course side. Given 5-6 knot wind conditions and a strong current, I am not sure how they could have been any more prompt, but nonetheless they were disqualified. Obviously very frustrating and disappointing for them. They were on the beach that day from 8 am to 11 pm and they were completely worn out by the time it was over. The recorded elapsed time showing this was not part of the evidence at the protest hearing.

Seems like more targeting of USA-based teams. I've heard stories that this happens at international events and it seems that its in full swing here.

Sad and pathetic really.

That really is sad if it happens at other international events. Is their something different between U.S Sailing RRS and ISAF rules I should be aware of?

International events on U.S shores certainly have their fare share of bias too. All pathetic.

Scorpion F18