Originally Posted by samc99us
Dave who is doing measurements and registrations at the event? I have made every effort to get the boat measured prior to Nationals but a late summer nor'easter interrupted, we completed about half the paperwork.

Sam, I have only recently thrown my name in the hat so the details are in flux. I may or may not be taking point on this activity. With that said and after reading your private message it sounds like you have the hard part done. I am not concerned about platform weight and the weights of the loose bits we can easily do that onsite as part or your routine and required weigh in. What I don't want to see is new boats that have been in the hands of their owners for a while and no effort has been made to get the boat and sails measured.

Keep in mind most if not all the volunteers running the weigh station and measuring boats are also sailing the event and we ALL want as much time on the water as you do. So, be kind do the needful and it will be great time for everyone.

If you don't have a copy of your cert and you know your boat has been measured chop chop b!tches, find your cert! I will probably be back filling Ela's slot as chief measurer and can probably help if your cert is in the fleet repository. My contact info is in my profile.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"