I know, another damn thread on spinnaker rigging. I'll keep this short and add what knowledge is posted in the other threads.

Primary question and reason for this thread is what are people using at the top of the mast on the spinnaker halyard? I have a Harken 29mm carbo airblock up there and will likely replace with the exact same thing but it is showing signs of heavy wear (halyard slicing into the block). Has anyone tried an Antal ring? I know I'm getting silly with them but I hate moving parts!

Other knowledge gleamed from threads:
1) 5mm FSE Robline Racing Sheet slips in a Harken 150DS (double spring) cleat. Use a cover, or put the splice at the cleat to thicken the line. Ronstan cleats supposedly hold better.
2) Use a double cleat on the headbanger to prevent slippage going upwind, photo attached courtesy of Mike Krantz: [Linked Image]
3) Use a tapered spin halyard to prevent spinnaker burns.

Oh, all this is to get back to the beach first to grab a cold one before they're gone. If you're worried about that, can always take it with you: http://www.gizmag.com/pats-pocket-sized-beer-concentrate/28590/

Scorpion F18