I had a peak GPS speed of 26.5 and average of 24 over 1.5 miles during a mini-macho on an N20.

We were on the way back after rounding the inside mark on the north side of the causeway. The water was pretty flat, and it was probably blowing close to 20. We were screaming /death-reaching

Herenden & Les Baumen on the black/white 20 were in front, and Ding was right behind on my hip. Les popped his chute and picked up a little speed but bad direction (too deep). We probably could have picked up a knot or two if we had the boards a little higher.

It was one of those times when you know you should do something (pull the boards up a bit), but you're too scared that any movement by driver or crew would end in disaster... I really don't like shrouds in my face, and (as Ding can attest) my crew at the time wasn't someone you should mess with smile

And it was true, the boat got eerily quiet once you got above the 15 knot and 20 knot humming. Once in a while you'd hear the little "chirp" from the rudder which probably was telling me it was about to cavitate (it was generation 1 style).

Thankfully we didn't crash & burn until we flipped after our turn southward...

Jay