Carl,

I certainly think this has the ability to revolutionize the 20' class. Unfortunately, I'm not sure who is left to afford such a project. I know it's getting tougher to justify the price of a new F18 when said boat costs more than the average price of the SUV used to tow it, and we haven't yet been able to tap into the J/70 market.

The A-cat's aren't flying around the course. Semi-foiling downwind yes, but no one has course raced a full-flying A. I think the box rules there are too limiting, but even more so is you only have 1 person to handle boards etc.

The other development is relatively easy to be honest, windsurfers have been traveling at >30 kts for many decades, as have the Moths for approaching a decade. Plenty of CFD for hull shape analysis, and intellectual know-how on that front.

I might come across as the anti-foiler but that is far from the case. I think an affordable, $20K 2 person foiling beach cat has huge market appeal. When PSA wants $5800 for the foiling kit for a laser...not sure it's doable frown

Scorpion F18