Originally Posted by Mlcreek
Karl,

You didn't say if it was gas or electric. If gas, you will need Dope or hot fuel paint so the nitro doesn't eat it. Electric, then whatever the guys suggest. Why don't you go back to monocoat?
Forrest

Electric. 2800KV brushless motor on a 7x5 prop with a 75amp ESC and a 50c 2650ma battery. I've wanted to try making one out of carbon since I got into this stuff, and this will be the plug for the mold. Just fun a project for this winter. My first plane was a Zagi flying wing, and they are still my favorite thing to fly. Best guess is with the foam cored ones I'm getting close to 100mph level flight with no wind. But what starts slowing them down, especially in high winds, is the lack of rigidity. The wings will start literally flapping. I think a carbon shell would be incredibly stiff, and I'm betting it can be made lighter.

Nitro fuel sucks. I'm done with it. Gas or electric from here out, though I do have a really bad butt Saito .80 fourstroke I really like but don't want to part with. My big gasser is covered in monokote.

27% Extra 260 I frickin' love this plane.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm thinking long and hard about getting one of these this winter. Not sure how I feel about having a $6k model airplane though. It'd get a 120cc boxer twin gas engine. All composite construction too.

I'm boatless.