Originally Posted by brucat
What we need is a way to make entering the data easier/automated...

Mike

Agreed. I had discussions with Colin Jenkins (the creator of Sailwave) and he was able and willing to include a "submit to US Sailing" option in the software. We just needed US Sailing to setup an FTP site to receive the information. It was at the time that the US Sailing website was being completely overhauled and Darline and I couldn't seem to get any attention about it... though I really wasn't screaming about it I know Darline did have some conversations to that point.

However, I think Sailwave is INCREDIBLY powerful but has gotten a little overly complex to expect everyone to use it. If you are not using it frequently it's hard to remember how to set it up correctly. I use it maybe once a year and I struggle with it until that "oh yeah, crap...that setting" moment. Setting up an Excel spreadsheet is sometimes easier. It could benefit from some streamlining of the setup process and/or having several regatta templates to choose from at the get-go. Actually, I should probably contact Colin about that to see if he hasn't already thought of that.

Jake Kohl