Originally Posted by Mark Schneider
I did not say Obama was not at fault.. Just that Bengazi (coverup) is BS political hackery.

Obama intervened in Lybia (leading from behind as the republicans ridiculed) because of the unique situation in lybia and it worked with the French leading the way... and stopped a major killing disaster. However, the followup policy is dicey and probably wrong... The military/hawk faction wants a footprint on the ground... to effectively deter "bad guys" we want to get rid of... See Afghanistan... (Obama wants a minimal footprint... and Max drone attacks if needed.) So they compromised... In Lybia... it bit them in the butt as they tried to navigate the post war period with a small footprint.. It's still chaos over there now but they fight over money and not religion... So no footprint or a very small footprint would have been the best call... It costs the USA human lives when we intervene... It cost the US three civilian lives in Libyia... Far better result tho then Iraq or Viet Nam and Afganistan.

Obama learned... They have 90% so far of the chem weapons out of Syria so far with one location to go... ... The factions are not tired of killing each other yet... we can't stop it... and so, we have a minimal footprint.

I like politicians who adapt...and don't screw up to the tune of Iraq or Viet Nam.

They have tried to hide the facts. To me that alone makes them guilty.Why would you try to hide the facts if you had done the honorable, right thing. You are an apologist. First sentence you say Obama is at fault and then spend the rest of the paragraph defending him. Make up your mind. Intentions don't mean crap, results do.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White