Originally Posted by brucat
The OA put it in, presumably because the class wants it. I guess time will tell...

I am a huge fan of the trapezoids, especially for multiple fleets sharing a course. I sort of talked the HCA into it for the NAs in DE a few years ago, it got mixed reviews, probably because it was so new (and requires lots of good resources).

Mike

Without a doubt the trapezoid course places additional demands on the RC team and competent support is a must to make it work. The course takes a lot or realestate but WOW what a great course for the sailors and when the breeze and seastate kicks up it is an absolute hoot for the sailors! The pucker factor kicks up a notch when the boat 3 meters above or below you eats it. That double trapped spin reach to the other side can really thin the herd. In my opinion it is a must for big fleets and Worlds type of events. It gives you an opportunity to exercise every skill you have in the toolbox. GO TRAPAZOID :-)

I'd be curious to hear negatives of the the trapzaoid course.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"