providing the blades are straight then its a simple case of injecting resin directly into the cracks.... remember that trip to the vet and asking for the syringes, grab a couple of needles aswell wink
if you can 'open' the crack ever so slightly then the repair will be much stronger as you'll get more resin into the break, SLOW is the GO here, gentle persuasion will win over inpatient brute force.

If they are not straight then its gets more complicated and they can be broken very easily if you not carefull...
clamping them back straight sounds easy but its one of those tasks that SLOW is the GO, better adding half a turn every couple of days rather than just trying to force them back straight in half an hour = broken blade mad

Once the cracks have been resined and its set then use a long-board sander (panel beaters tool) and use ~80grit paper to rough up the entire board, don't worry about 'fluffy' bits of timber that are still attached to the board but DO get rid of any excess dust (air-compressor wink )

Lay cloth (& I'd suggest a woven cloth around the 100gsm mark - NOT chopped cloth !!) and resin it onto the boards... the application would be very similar to the way I did the main decks on Shy.... smile

Once its set, gently run the long board over it again, this will show you instantly where the highs and lows are in the boards and the glass, now you can fill those low spots (micro-ballons and resin mix => mixed to peanut butter consistency)

When that is set then you'll need a sanding block and some 180grit paper..... sand it back to a smooth finish and if needed add more filler as required and sand again...... repeat as often as need be cry

Once you have a finish your happy with then spray on a high-build primer ( auto-pro / autobarn / supercheap carry this OneStep Primer)
Directions on how to use it are on the can but a basic application is run it straight out of the can for a really high build primer or thin it down to 3:1 to use as a 'ordinary primer'

now its dry (and that will take about 30mins) you grab the sanding block again with some 320grit paper and start sanding..... cry

If you have any rub-throughs then just mix up some thinned down primer again (1:1) and give it a very light touch-up then GENTLY re-sand it again

let its stand for 24hours shocked

Wash the spray gun out...... mix up your chosen color .... spray on a light coat ... have a coffee ... add another light coat ... have a sandwich...add another light coat..... turn the lights off on your way out.

smile

EDIT:
I'll gather up my "tool kit" and take a happy snap for you so you have a visual reference to the gear you'll use.....
this gear will also be invaluable if you were to build a new boat for example
laugh

Last edited by PIRATE; 07/01/14 03:44 AM.

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740