Originally Posted by Blade1
I don't remember fireworks but I do remember sitting at the end of the Deckhands dock with a flashlight watching the boats finish all the way into late Sunday night.
Sailors hung around and drank and told stories , it was like a big family. If FWYC is having troubles with this race why don't they just reach out to the sailors and ask for some help with it . I remember when Carlton , Mike Kelly and John Reinhold sat around brewing this regatta up . I would just like to see some effort put into it.

After only five boats showed up last year I would have thought that someone there would see that something has to change.

This is such a tricky thing. If someone, otherwise unassociated with the event, at the club is interesting in organizing the event, it is usually for reasons related to other things that "for the love of it". Sometimes this works out great. Sometimes not. When it doesn't, you get stuck because there is still a sense of ownership of the event that can leave things stuck without activity. The best way I've seen this pan out is if the interested sailors make personal contact and offer to help. I wouldn't ever expect, or wait for, the clubby to do request it. You would probably be surprised at how fast you can get some clarity and how simple the hurdles are. I bet you that things could get turned around in very short order if you made contact with them yourself.

Jake Kohl