Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by dave mosley
Any wind? whats the scoop?

Blowing all weekend! We had 10-15 on Saturday with some higher lines of wind coming down the lake. 5 to 12 on Sunday. We got 7 races in overall in the low DPN fleet and 5 in the high DPN fleet. We had a line of wind come down the course with a shift leaving Ted and I a good bit overstood to the finish line in one of the races on Saturday...given that we were in second place at the moment, we were going for a wipe out, breakdown, or win. It's probably one of the higher sustained speed runs I've ever done (and survived upright through).

I also got to test out the two boat port approach to A-mark we've been discussing here lately. I had overlap but the boat in front luffed me up and footed off to break overlap right about at the edge of the zone around A-mark. I was slightly higher on the course and was really close behind (a foot or so separating us). I stuck with it and controlled the tack of the gentleman in front until I could tack and make the mark with him now on my stern...much to his clearly vocalized displeasure.

I hope to have the results up at EMSA-Sailing.com by mid-week.

So no Starboard boats to contend with so you took him past the mark and tacked!

USA 777